Sunday, July 13, 2014

Vintage Ornament



Happy Sunday everyone! leslierahye here celebrating Christmas in July! I begin creating for the holiday season in July so that I can get all of my projects completed in time for gift giving and decorating. One of my favorite holiday crafts is making ornaments for our tree and for gifts. This ornament is created by making cones out of 2½-3" square pieces of book paper. Each square is formed into a cone and then glued and dipped into vintage gold glitter. Once the cones are dry, They are layered on a shape--a circle or star--and then a circle, a button or other focal piece is placed over the tips to both disguise the tips and to provide stability to the ornament. A string to function as a hanger is added to the back.

 I hope you enjoyed my ornament! Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment