Sunday, July 27, 2014

Every little thing wants to be loved.

Hi everyone! leslierahye here with a recent Altered Trading Card Swap. ATCs are meant to be traded among artists and that's why they are so fun to make. This little 2½×3½" work of art will be shared with other artists making ATCs along the same theme--this theme was Bees. They also will make a run of cards on this theme and our hostess will sort out the lot and send them to each of us. It's always fun to get back the cards and see everyone's artwork!
I chose to use this quote from The Secret Life of Bees for my ATC. This is part of the Bee Yard Etiquette and while assembling them I became inspired to do a series of Bee ATCs--I will share those with you at a later date!

“I hadn't been out to the hives before, so to start off she gave me a lesson in what she called 'bee yard etiquette'. She reminded me that the world was really one bee yard, and the same rules work fine in both places. Don't be afraid, as no life-loving bee wants to sting you. Still, don't be an idiot; wear long sleeves and pants. Don't swat. Don't even think about swatting. If you feel angry, whistle. Anger agitates while whistling melts a bee's temper. Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't. Above all, send the bees love. Every little thing wants to be loved.” 
― Sue Monk KiddThe Secret Life of Bees



Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful art and words Leslie! I love that book and the quote is perfect!

    ReplyDelete