Thursday, May 15, 2014

Letters Home--a closer look

Did you see the Letters Home book in the Spring 2014 issue of Altered Arts Magazine?  It was the first time I've made this type of altered book;  it was a little different for me.

It's a book with a niche full up of simply bound tiny books, and as the piece is entitled "Letters Home," all of the enclosed booklets contain images and proverbs or sayings pertaining to home.  Here is a closer look at some of the booklets:
nest and crown stamp from Something Tattered
Each of the enclosed booklets has tags/charms/found items attached at the outer spine.
collage images by Retro Cafe Art and ARTchix, LOVE stamp Pink Paislee

arrow by Something Tattered, heart & happy by Lawn Fawn
background stamps Something Tattered, collage image ARTchix
Been working on my lettering--can you tell??
Happy Thursday, everyone!
:)trisha

7 comments:

  1. Yes, I can tell Trisha! Beautiful project and lettering!! Love this idea!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it! Great lettering too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lettering is wonderful. Love the letters from home idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new to the site. Looking forward to see more posts. I recently started exploring mixed media art and journaling. The letters are pretty.
    My mixed media learning and journal pages will be posted on http://bindudesigns.blogspot.ca.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful project. I love books and your mini-books are really cool! And your lettering is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Robin--I've been working on better lettering, it just never looks quite right to me . . .

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Trisha! This is so unique!

    ReplyDelete